Thursday 15 September 2011

Importing FLV files to flash

Development work covered during lesson
Today we converted our FLV files into SWF files. Firstly we opened Adobe Flash and selected Action Script 3.0 as this was the software that we needed to use in order to carry out the task. After this we imported the first video into Flash by clicking import video, browse and then selecting the FLV file that we wanted to import which were located in . We then had to resize the video in order to make sure that it was the correct size by right clicking and choosing the free transform button and then making it the size I wanted it to be. There was a white box behind the video that I used to help me decide what size I wanted my video to be because If it was bigger than the white box then the viewer wouldn't be able to see the video properly. Furthermore I also left enough room at the bottom of the screen in order to make room for a button. We also had to rename the layer and add a button to the first frame of the film layer. In order to add a button I went to the 'windows' tab, selected 'common libraries' and then selected buttons.I decided to choose the purple tubed shape button as it looked the most appropriate for my front end and it matched the colour of the skin in order to follow the colour scheme throughout. In addition to this I also had to change the instance  name of the file in the properties window to btnunloadfilm so that the film would work. Furthermore I also had to add a new layer and rename it code as this is where the code has to be inserted. Next I clicked on the first frame of the code layer, selected action and then inserted the code provided into the box. Lastly I saved the video in my project folder and then published it in order to check that the video was working correctly. After I had finished the first FLV file I repeated this for all of the other files in my 'Converted files' folder so that all of my videos were working and so that my front end was more interactive as I put buttons that the user could click.


How the development work fitted into the client brief
We converted our FLV files into SWF files so that the user could not only watch the video but be able to interactive with them by clicking buttons. By adding a skin to each of the videos it allows the user to play, stop, pause, rewind, forward the video or do whatever they want it to do. This means audience doesn't have to watch all of the video at once as they can go do different sections by rewinding and forwarding or they could stop or pause the video if they want to come back to it. In addition to that I also added other buttons at the bottom of each video such as 'back' in order to make the front end more interactive. Here is the section of the client brief that the development work fitted in to:


'As well as that my front end must also be interactive in order get the user involved and make the IMP a lot more enjoyable.  I am going to add buttons to each page so that the user can navigate them around the front end a lot easier and I will also make the videos more interactive by adding a skin which includes various different buttons they can click depending on what they want the video to do.'


 In addition to that it also fits into the this section of the client brief as the videos that I am converting include a visual guide on where all of the rooms are located and how to get to certain places in the E block:


'The films that I am going to be using for my IMP will also help to show the audience exactly how to get to each classroom after they have entered the E block.'


New skills table reference number
2 & 3

No comments:

Post a Comment