Thursday 17 November 2011

Adding keyboard controls to my IMP

Development work covered during lesson
Another feature that I decided to add to my IMP was keyboard controls. This is where the user is able to move objects on the IMP by using the keyboard. In order to help me whilst creating this feature I used a tutorial from www.ilike2flash.com which gave me guidelines on what steps to take in Flash. Firstly I opened a new Flash AS3 document and then imported the object I wanted to control by selecting the import tab, then clicking 'import to stage', selecting the image and then clicking 'Open'. Next I converted the symbol into an object by clicking F8, gave it an appropriate name, selected movie clip, clicked 'Ok' and then also gave it the instance name 'Lemon_mc' as this was the name in the code on the tutorial and therefore it needed to be the same in order for it to work with that particular code. However If I wanted I could have chosen a different instance name and then change the name within the code, but this would have taken more time and the outcome would have been exactly the same. After I had done this I clicked on the timeline, right clicked, selected 'Insert new layer' and then called it 'Actions'. I then right clicked on the first frame, selecting 'Actions' and then pasted the code on the tutorial into the box. Lastly I checked that it was working by clicking CTRL + Enter and then using the navigation keys on the keyboard to see whether it moved the object they way I wanted it to. 

How the development work fitted into the client brief
The development fits into the client brief because in it I stated that I was to add effects to my IMP in order to make it more fun and interesting for the user. Below is part of section D) which this fits into:


'Lastly I will also add effects to my IMP in order to make it a lot more interesting such as text that glows, animations etc.'

New skills table reference number
17

No comments:

Post a Comment