Thursday 17 November 2011

Displaying the date in Flash

Development work covered during lesson
I decided to add the date to my IMP that automatically updates so that the user would always know what date it is when the used my IMP. I thought this was a good feature to add on my IMP as it helps to show that my IMP is up to date and makes it look more professional. I found another tutorial on www.ilike2flash.com to give me a guideline on how to add this to my IMP. The first step that I did was to open a new Flash AS3 document and I selected the text tool (T) with dynamic text and created a small rectangle shape on the stage below.Furthermore on the properties panel I also had to make sure that I had embedded the Uppercase, Lowercase, Numerals and Punctuation glyph's by selecting the 'Character embedding button'.I then gave my dynamic text the instance name 'the_date' by going on the properties tab and typing it in the box. After this I created a new layer on the timeline by right clicking on the first layer and then clicking 'insert new layer' and I named it 'Actions'. The I opened up the 'Actions' panel by clicking F9 and I pasted the code from the tutorial into the box. Lastly, I checked to see if it was working correctly by clicking CTRL + Enter.

How the development work fitted into the client brief
In my client brief I said that I was going to add effects to make my IMP more interesting and that I was also going to create a well designed front end that mirrors the theme. Below are the sections that this development work fitted into:


'In my IMP I am going to try and create a well designed front end that mirrors the theme of the films/pictures by using backgrounds on each screen which are relevant to what my IMP is about.'


'Lastly I will also add effects to my IMP in order to make it a lot more interesting such as text that glows, animations etc.'
  
New skills table reference number
15

No comments:

Post a Comment