Thursday 17 November 2011

Zoom in and out effect on Flash

Development work covered during lesson
Today I created a zoom in and out effect on some pictures within my IMP in Flash. I found a tutorial on www.ilike2flash.com which gave me a basic outline on the steps I needed to follow. Firstly I opened a new Flash AS3 file and then imported a picture onto the stage by selecting 'import', 'import to stage', selected the image and then clicked 'Open'. Next I converted the image into a movie clip by clicking F8, giving the symbol an appropriate name, selecting movie clip, setting the registration point to centre and then clicked 'Ok'. I also changed the instance name of the symbol to 'fish_mc' because this is the name in the code on the tutorial and therefore this needs to be the same in order for the effect to work. After I had done this I created a new layer called 'Actions' by selecting the timeline, right clicking and selecting 'Insert new layer'. Then I clicked F9 to open the actions panel and I pasted the code from the tutorial into the box. In order to make the picture look as clear as possible when zooming in I right clicked on the image in the library, selected properties on the drop down menu and checked the 'smoothing' check box which made the image edges less pixelated. Lastly I tested the movie by clicking CTRL + Enter to ensure everything was working correctly. 


How the development work fitted into the client brief
This development work fitted into my client brief because in the brief I stated that I was going to add photos as a visual aid to help the target audience understand the layout of e block better and that I was also going to add effects in order to make it more interesting and easier to use. Below are the sections of the client brief that the development work fitted into:

'The films and photos that I will be using for my IMP will help my target audience have a better understanding of the layout of the E block as it will help to provide a visual aid to show them where each of the classrooms are and what they are for. The films and photos I use will also be very easy to understand and they need to be suitable to the topic my IMP is about to ensure that the user gets exactly what they want from the IMP and that It does not stray from the topic.'


'Lastly I will also add effects to my IMP in order to make it a lot more interesting such as text that glows, animations etc.' 

New skills table reference number
16

No comments:

Post a Comment