Friday 18 November 2011

Creating black and white gallery in Flash

Development work covered during lesson
Today I developed my skills by adding a black and white gallery in Flash. I found a tutorial on http://www.ilike2flash.co.uk/ which helped me when making the gallery. Firstly I opened up a new Flash AS3 document with 450 x 300 dimensions as this was size that was suggested as most appropriate for this task. I then created a new folder in the library called 'pictures' and then imported the four pictures I wanted in my galley by selecting the 'File' tab, 'import', 'import to library', finding the photos I wanted to open and then selecting 'Open'. After that I then dragged each or the images individually on to the stage and then arranged and aligned them the way I wanted them to look on the gallery. All of the images that I used in this gallery were the images that I added a border to because I felt these would look the most effective on a black and white gallery. Next, I converted each of the images to a symbol by clicking on them and then pressing F8, giving them an appropriate name, selecting button and then clicking 'Ok'. I also had to give each of the symbols an instance name so that when I added the code the gallery should work as its supposed to. The next step in the tutorial that it said to do was to double click on one of the images to enter the movie clips timeline and then select the 20th frame and insert a key frame (F6). Then I had to right click anywhere between the 1st and 20th frame,select 'insert motion tween', select the first frame, then the image on the stage and then select the adjust colour property and change the saturation value to -100.

After I had completed all of these steps I then inserted a new layer on the timeline called 'Actions' by right clicking and selecting 'insert new layer' and then insert a key frame on the 20th frame by clicking F6. Then I right clicked on the 1st frame and 20th frame, selected 'Actions' and pasted the code from the tutorial on http://www.ilike2flash.com/. I then returned to the main timeline and repeated all of the steps from double clicking on the image up to and including add the code to all of the other images on my gallery. Once I had done this for all of the images I then selected the first frame of the main menu, right clicked, selected 'Actions' and then pasted the second code into the box. To finish off I tested the gallery by clicking CTRL + Enter.

How the development work fitted into the client brief
In my client brief I said that I wanted to add images to my IMP in order to give the user a better understanding of the layout of e block and that I also wanted to add effects to make the IMP more interesting. Below are the sections of the client brief that the development work fitted into:

'The films and photos that I will be using for my IMP will help my target audience have a better understanding of the layout of the E block as it will help to provide a visual aid to show them where each of the classrooms are and what they are for.'

' Lastly I will also add effects to my IMP in order to make it a lot more interesting such as text that glows, animations etc.'


New skills table reference number
19

No comments:

Post a Comment